Looking at starting a new career at 30 – Any advice or tips

I will be honest here, I spent most of my 20’s in a job I hated and I hit the ceiling of it. There was no where else I get go to in terms of position promotions. I have been off for the last 2 months and I am considering my options now. While I get good pay, I am not happy here and I have no room for growth. Anyone else experience changing your career at 30 who can offer advice or tips? 

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
June 5, 2020 11:07 PM

I would stick with the job you have until you find s new one. If it is something that involves becoming an entrepreneur, you can do this part-time at the start so you still have income to help fund your ideas. Make sense?

June 12, 2020 2:32 AM

30 is still young. A lot of folks change careers in their 40's and even 50's so cut yourself some slack there. Just plan things out and be patient. Don't quit your job before you have a plan for yourself.

June 13, 2020 11:40 PM

Yeah, 30 is not old at all! I feel like in today’s world, we let other people dictate numbers for us. I see nothing wrong with changing careers at this age. Just make sure you truly want it.

June 18, 2020 8:24 PM

A friend of mine recently did this at the age of 44. He kept his job until he was able to be hired at the new one and it worked out great for him. He is earning more, working less, and actually loves going to work.

June 18, 2020 8:35 PM

If you aren’t happy with work, it is better to find that out now then when you are 10 years away from retiring. Life is too short man, just follow your dreams!

June 18, 2020 8:40 PM